If you are a parent or carer, and would like help for your child or your family, please contact the school and we can decide with you on the support needed. Outside of school hours, or for more urgent cases, you can contact the Local Authority on 020 8891 7969. If you are worried that a child may be in imminent danger, please call 999.
In Richmond upon Thames, Protection and Early Help services are provided by Achieving for Children (AfC), the Local Authority's Children's Services Provider. Our staff are trained to look for signs that children may need help and can refer to a Single Point of Access at AfC, who will coordinate and manage additional support for children, whatever their level of need.
AfC offers professional help in these areas:
- Support for your child and/or your family if there are problems at home
- Support if your child is anxious or depressed
- Support if your child needs help managing his/her behaviour
- Support if your child's attendance at school is dropping
- Support to prevent substance misuse
- Support to prevent exploitation
- Support to improve parenting skills
- Child Protection Services