LabouR Market Information
Reliable labour market information can help to inform careers decisions. The handy widget below uses reliable Labour Market Information and enables you to compare different jobs. Have a go!
At Turing House we ask all students from Year 7 - 13 to use the Unifrog platform start their Labour Market Information research. Using their careers library and know how areas you can find out about a wealth of careers. This is not the only source of information though, you can often find useful information on job search engines such as' indeed' and local adverts. Conversations with your teacher, careers advisor, friends and family may give you some insight. There are many government funded organisations that will provide this information.
Where can i find Labour Market Information?
London: http://careerslondon.org/LMI-London London LMI split into sectors.
Indicators of demand in London: data.london.gov.uk/labour-market-indicators/
UK Sector data www.prospects.ac.uk/jobs-and-work-experience/job-sectors
European LMI: ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/labour-market
European Trends: ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=113
Working abroad: www.prospects.ac.uk/jobs-and-work-experience/working-abroad
Studying abroad: https://www.prospects.ac.uk/postgraduate-study/study-abroad
- Accountancy, banking and finance
- Business, consulting and management
- Charity and voluntary work
- Creative arts and design
- Energy and utilities
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Environment and agriculture
- Healthcare (Medicine)
- Hospitality and events management
- Information technology
- Law enforcement and security (Police)
- Leisure, sport and tourism
- Marketing, advertising and PR
- Maths careers
- Media and internet
- Property and construction
- Public services and administration
- Recruitment and HR
- Science and pharmaceuticals
- Social care
- Sustainability (the 'green jobs' market)
- Teacher training and education
- Transport and logistics
Please be aware that these links are just a starting point in your employment journey. Unifrog covers a great deal of this information in one place.