Turing House School was established to serve South/West Twickenham, Fulwell, north Teddington, and surrounding areas of demand, primarily on the Middlesex side of Richmond Borough, including Hampton and Whitton. We prioritise a portion of our places for the Whitton area.
We aim for an inclusive intake, representative of the areas we serve. Our admissions policies set out the oversubscription criteria which apply when we have more applicants than places available. We review and re-determine the policies annually, in liaison with Richmond Council. Reviews consider trends in application and admission patterns, and the forecast demand for school places, so that Turing House continues to serve local need fairly and reasonably. Consultations on proposed policy changes are required to be undertaken 18 months ahead of any new policy coming into practice.
Please note: following our recent move to our permanent site in Hospital Bridge Road, to be fair to students accessing the site via both gates, we applied to the DfE for a variation to our policy which moves our on-site admissions point from the front gate in Hospital Bridge Road to a central position: the 'Sun Stairs' door of our main building at OS Grid Reference TQ 13480 73643. The variation was accepted on Nov 4th 2022 and our policies were updated. The Local Authority has also modified its GIS system to incorporate the on-site paths between our gates and the Sun Stairs door.
- 2024 Admissions Policy - Years 7-11
- 2024 Admissions Policy - Sixth Form
- 2023 Admissions Policy - Years 7-11
- 2023 Admissions Policy - Sixth Form
- Nodal Admissions Point (where it is and why we use it)
- Offer Day Data (how places have been allocated in previous years)
- Student Ward Data (see where our students live)
Our catchment maps are published each September, and show where places have been allocated under our distance criteria:
- September 2023 Admissions Catchment Map (Y7)
- September 2022 Admissions Catchment Map (Y7)
- September 2021 Admissions Catchment Map (Y7)