This unit will focus on international and global dimensions. Students will develop their ability to:
- Talk about environmental issues and actions
- Discuss healthy and unhealthy lifestyles
- Discuss the role of international events
Assessment: Students will complete end-of-module assessments in listening and reading.
Students will revisit modules 1 and 2 to prepare for their mock exam. This unit of work will consist mainly of:
- past and draft paper practice questions
- preparing for the role-play element of the speaking exam
- preparing for the conversational element of the speaking exam and preparing a presentation
- preparing for the picture task
- preparing for the short and long written questions
Assessment: Students will complete a past paper in listening, reading, writing and speaking. This will take place under exam conditions and will provide students with an opportunity to understand expectations of the GCSE.
General revision of modules 3-6 with a key focus on the upcoming speaking exam.
Assessment: Students will do a 'walking-talking' mock in which their classroom teacher will guide them through the exam paper in order to ensure that they are fully prepared with the layout and exam expectations for the mock, which takes place at the start of this term.
In this unit, students will revisit modules 5-8. This will be done through exam style practice questions in order to prepare students fully for their exam.
Assessment: Students will do their last 'walking-talking' mock in which their classroom teacher will guide them through the exam paper in order to ensure that they are fully prepared with the layout and exam expectations.